1252
post-template-default,single,single-post,postid-1252,single-format-standard,theme-stockholm,qode-restaurant-1.1.1,stockholm-core-1.2.1,woocommerce-no-js,select-theme-ver-5.2.1,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.1,vc_responsive

Salmon, And Its Many Health Benefits

Alt="salmon dinner with basmati rice and steamed vegetables."

Salmon, And Its Many Health Benefits

In this article, we will discuss the many health benefits of salmon. For instance, consuming salmon decreases inflammation, lowers blood pressure, improves arterial function, and reduces your risk of cancer. This fatty fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. You meet your omega-3 fatty acid needs when you consume at least two salmon servings per week. Furthermore, experts recommended you consume at least two 100g portions of the fish per week.

Consuming salmon is an excellent source of protein. As a result, protein, just as we discussed in our blog health benefits of lamb chops, is considered an essential nutrient your body needs. Your body does not produce the protein you need; therefore, you have to get it from your diet. A 3.5-ounce serving of Salmon (Daily Intake) contains 24 grams of protein. Consequently, it’s a great source of protein.

These days, it’s vital to focus on excellent health and quality of life, that is, better well-being. There are many nutrients and vitamins we need to help us get there, but vitamin b takes the cake. Consuming vitamin b helps improve energy levels, cell metabolism, and brain function. Also, vitamin b helps promote red blood cell growth, good eyesight, good digestion, healthy appetite, and muscle tone. According to a Healthline.com article written by Emily Cronckleton and medically reviewed by Natalie Olsen,

The RDI (Recommended Daily Intake) of vitamin b should be as follows for women.

      1) Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 18% of the RDI – 1.1mg

      2) Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 29% of the RDI – 1.1mg

      3) Vitamin B3 (niacin): 50% of the RDI -14mg

      4) Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 19% of the RDI – 5mg

      5) Vitamin B6: 47% of the RDI – 1.3mg

      6) Vitamin B9 (folic acid): 7% of the RDI – 400mg

      7) Vitamin B12: 51% of the RDI – 2.4mcg

The RDI (Recommended Daily Intake) of vitamin b should be as follows for men.

      1) Vitamin B1 (thiamin): 18% of the RDI – 1.2mg

      2) Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): 29% of the RDI – 1.3mg

      3) Vitamin B3 (niacin): 50% of the RDI -16mg

      4) Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): 19% of the RDI – 5mg

      5) Vitamin B6: 47% of the RDI – 1.3mg

      6) Vitamin B9 (folic acid): 7% of the RDI – 400mg

      7) Vitamin B12: 51% of the RDI – 2.4mcg

We gave you three great reasons to consume salmon that will promote health and quality of life. However, there are many other health benefits that you should know about, so keep reading.

Potassium, classified as an electrolyte, is one of the most abundant minerals in the body; however, a vast majority is in your cells. 80% can be found in your muscles, while the remaining 20% is in your bones, liver, and red blood cells. Consequently, potassium is one of the essential minerals a human needs. Moreover, salmon provides 18% of the RDI of Potassium per 3.5 ounces.

Among other fresh and saltwater fish, salmon is loaded with Selenium, moreover consuming 3.5 ounces of salmon provides about 60% of Selenium’s RDI. The antioxidant properties in selenium help protect your cells from damage. Casablanca’s Grilled Salmon Dinner provides your recommended daily intake (RDI) of Selenium.

Foods in your diet containing the Antioxidant Astaxanthin, for instance, Casablanca’s salmon dinner, provide many health benefits. Salmon contains between 0.4-3.8mg of astaxanthin per 3.5oz. Astaxanthin helps treat serious diseases, for example, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and Stroke. Moreover, astaxanthin can improve sleep, prevent sunburn and male infertility.

Consuming two salmon servings per week increased omega-3 blood levels by 8–9% and decreased omega-6 levels. May Benefit Weight Control. Research suggests that the omega-3 fats in salmon and other fatty fish may promote weight loss and decrease belly fat in overweight individuals.

Can Help Fight Inflammation. Consuming daily 3 ounces (80 grams) of salmon and other fatty fish led to reductions in the inflammatory markers TNF-a and IL-6. May Protect Brain Health. People with normal brain function who consumed fatty fish regularly have more grey matter in their brains. 

Consuming salmon could reduce their risk of memory problems later in life. Delicious and Versatile. Salmon is undeniably delicious. It has a unique, delicate flavor with a less “fishy” taste than much other fatty fish, such as sardines and mackerel. It is also extremely versatile. You can steam, sautée, smoke, grill, bake, or poach. It can also be served raw in sushi and sashimi.

Alt="Casablanca Newsletter Milwaukee Extras Cover Photo"